Locked Down at Home – COVID-19
You are getting a lot of advice on how many things you can do, besides the daily house work like cooking, cleaning, swabbing. Yes, you can pursue a hobby, you can socialize maintaining social distance, you can meditate and you can sleep more. You can also make a start in fitness if you have never been into it before for lack of time or intention..
And why is this the right time?
- You are now getting those extra hours (saved from travelling may be). You would rather use this time productively
- Your activity levels have gone down (bound to the periphery of the house & stressed). Physical movements help loosen your body
- Your diet may not be totally in control (tendency to binge could be more when at home). Exercising keeps weight in control
- Too much of negativity through information overdose could impact you psychologically. Exercising releases chemicals in your brain, Serotonin and Endorphins which are great for your mood
- Exercising helps reduce risk of comorbidity like type 2 diabetes, heart diseases and stroke
- When you get out of this situation, collateral health damages acquired during lockdown could be more harmful than the disaster that you have averted. Build immunity now for the future.
So there is no time better than today. Yes it is the right time to care for the World and the COVID-19 has taught you that you can care for the World if and only if you care for yourself.
So, wake up and get, set, go ….
Do you need a gym, do you need the fancy equipment, do you need a trainer? YES..
But for the starters and for now, you can do it yourself at home without any of the above paraphernalia. And by the time the pandemic has withered thin, you are ready physically, mentally and psychologically to take your fitness to the next level.
We at ‘Figure it Out’ will be waiting for you then to take you to the next level…
So, if you have made up your mind, watch this space for more on home based exercises
(Disclaimer – The above is when you are not feeling any of the signs of COVID-19. Your safety is our top most priority. If you are feeling discomfort already, follow the advice of health professional and get yourself tested)